DENVER – Pinnacol Assurance, Colorado’s leading workers’ compensation insurer, is recognizing the recipients of the company’s fifth annual Circle of Safety Awards this month.
A total of 50 policyholders from across the state were honored for their exemplary performance in safety, loss control, and financial and claims management.
Monte Vista Fire Protection District will be taking home its second consecutive Circle of Safety Award this year.
“These are Colorado organizations that have embraced the concept of safe workplaces, and then made significant effort to create that kind of environment over a sustained period of time,” said Ken Ross, Pinnacol president and CEO. “Keeping employees safe and on the job is important to Pinnacol and to the state, and our Circle of Safety recipients are leading the way.”
The Circle of Safety Award recognizes that exceptional risk management is the result of a circle of many people working together. From top management and frontline employees to Pinnacol representatives and the policyholders’ agents, everyone has a hand in making Colorado workplaces safer.
Pinnacol policyholders were eligible to receive the Circle of Safety Award if they met the following criteria:
· Pinnacol policyholder for at least four years
· .85 or less Experience Modification Rating each policy period
• Combined four-year loss ratio of 25 percent or less
• 80 percent or more of all claims reported within 48 hours (combined four-year history)
• Designated providers each year
• Two or less notices of cancellation each year
• No non-compliant audits
• Must currently hold the State of Colorado’s Cost Containment Certification
• No fatalities
• Approved return-to-work program
Of the 2012 honorees, nine have received the Circle of Safety recognition every year since the award’s inception in 2007.
Another 20 are new to the list, indicating how businesses are raising the bar in workplace safety.